Waiting. I don’t wait well. Today we find Moses sitting by a well in Midian.
Read Exodus 2:16-25 and Acts 7:29-30a and then work through the questions.
- What trouble did Moses witness in verses 16 & 17?
- What did Moses do?
- Does this remind you of the incident in vs. 11 & 12?
- What did the priest of Midian do for Moses?
- What do we assume was Moses job for the next 40 years?
- Why would this have been good training for his next position?
- Meanwhile what has been happening in Egypt? (vs. 23)
- List the verbs associated with God in vs. 24 & 25.
- How does that bring you comfort?
- These few verses cover a 40 year span. He will be almost 80 when we see him next.
- How can I learn to wait well? What can I be doing while I wait?
Just a reminder that our timeline is not God’s timeline. He is patient towards us.
I’m debating about how often to post next week. If you have time let me know how often is helpful for you. 1, 2 or 3 times a week. I started out posting more often since we are all home, but I think people are finding their own things to do and I don’t want to be an annoyance.
I have pulled out an old hymn book. I’m reminded how rich the words are. I need to do more singing. I might post one or two next week. Time will tell. Let me know if you have a favorite.
Until next time.