Waiting. I don’t wait well. Today we find Moses sitting by a well in Midian.
Read Exodus 2:16-25 and Acts 7:29-30a and then work through the questions.
- What trouble did Moses witness in verses 16 & 17?
- What did Moses do?
- Does this remind you of the incident in vs. 11 & 12?
- What did the priest of Midian do for Moses?
- What do we assume was Moses job for the next 40 years?
- Why would this have been good training for his next position?
- Meanwhile what has been happening in Egypt? (vs. 23)
- List the verbs associated with God in vs. 24 & 25.
- How does that bring you comfort?
- These few verses cover a 40 year span. He will be almost 80 when we see him next.
- How can I learn to wait well? What can I be doing while I wait?
Just a reminder that our timeline is not God’s timeline. He is patient towards us.
I have pulled out an old hymn book. I’m reminded how rich the words are. I need to do more singing. I might post one or two next week. Time will tell. Let me know if you have a favorite.
Until next time.