Mid-life crisis. We’ve all had moments when we realize how old we are and fret about missed opportunities or determine to change the direction of our lives.
Today we catch up to Moses when he is almost 40. Notice the two worlds he is a part of. Read Exodus 2:11-15. There are two New Testament passages that would also be helpful. Acts 7:22-29 and Hebrews 11:24-26.
- What has he been spending his time doing up to this point? What kind of man had he become? (Acts 7:22)
- Unlike the movie version he knew what his roots were.
- What did he think his destiny was? (Acts 7:25)
- What did Moses do when he saw a Hebrew being mistreated?
- Whose job is it to take vengeance? (Deuteronomy 32:35)
- How did the sons of Israel respond to Moses the next day when he tried to be a peacemaker?
- What did Pharoah try to do?
- What did Moses do?
- What or who had he been looking to for the freeing of Israel?
- Who am I looking to for help in trouble? Do I ever overstep my role in trying to fix things?
- How do I get ahead of God?
- How was God using these circumstances in Moses life to prepare him for service?
- What difficulties in my life is God using to prepare me for service?
God’s time table is not the same as ours. Forty years old seems like a reasonable age for someone to start their ministry or leadership, yet God had other plans. We will learn more about that on Friday.